Who doesn’t just love Alfano’s! The following are general questions and issues that arise most everyday at a go kart track. They apply to the Alfano Pro Quick Start. If you’re like me, or anyone who has used one before, you may have come across a few situations in which you didn’t know how to use or operate your tachometer. Here are a few situations that are quite common, and the solution to solve each one! Hope this helps. By the way, if you have any suggestions for an tachometer related problem feel free to contact us so we can include it here!
Ok before we begin, I hope you at least know how to turn ON the Alfano! If not, just hold down both red buttons at the same time and hold for about 2 or 3 seconds. The unit should turn on when you do this.
1. What the heck are these two red buttons?!
- Good question! To understand the Alfano you need to understand these two basic buttons. The left red button is used for scrolling through windows and selections. The right red button is used for selections or decisions. Below is a little visualization for you to picture the Alfano.
2. Oh No! My split times are strange; I think there’s something wrong!!
- Most likely, you haven’t got your Alfano set for the right amount of magnetic strips on the go kart track. Find out from a track official how many strips are on the track and then follow these steps!
- When you’re in “stop mode” which is the first screen, press the left button 5 times to reach screen number 5. Press the right button to select. Then press the left button 3 times to reach the magnetic strip configuration screen. You will see either one, two or three bars on the screen. You can use the right button to change the bars. Each bar represents a strip on the track. Once you changed the number of strips on the screen, press the left button to save your selection.
3. Ahhh!! I just tried to review my lap times… and somehow I printed instead!
- This is a common problem, and before I learned I was always deleting my data somehow or another. To review your lap times just follow these easy steps!
- Once you get off the track, press the left button once. This will bring you to the recall screen. You may then press the right button to scroll through each lap. You will receive detailed information about your lap time, highest RPM during each lap, and finally, split times.
4. I’ve got to head out for my next session, how do I reset this thing!
- There could be a few reasons why you need to rest. This first is the following situation in which you would turn on your Alfano, press the left button 4 times (the word reset will appear at the bottom of the screen), and then press the right button to select. Your previous lap times will be reset.
- The other reason you might have to reset is if you are stuck on a screen you don’t know how you got to in the first place. This happens to the best of us so don’t worry. It’s kind of like when you’re on your computer and everything freezes and you just end up unplugging it! Simply hold down both red buttons for a few seconds as if you were starting the Alfano. This should reset the unit.
5. I came off the track and it said I was running at 28 000 RPM!! What is happening!!!
- Well, either you have a supernatural engine, or you’ve set your Alfano to the wrong number of strokes. This can be confusing for those of you who own a Honda GX, Briggs, or Kohler 4 stroke engine. These engines have to be set as 2 stroke engines because their ignition is like a 2 stroke engine. If you have it set for a 4 stroke engine, you will read RPM’s of epic proportions. To change this, follow these steps.
- Press the left button 5 times, the press the right button once to select. Once you have done that, press the left button 2 times. Here you will have the choice to select either a 2 stroke or 4 stroke engine. Use the right button to make your selection or either a 2 or a 4 on the screen. This should solve your problem!
If you have any suggestions for this page, or are interested in writing an article about another brand of tachometer, please feel free to contact us via the form linked below.